Friday, November 14, 2014

Blog 111414

Persepolis Freewriting
Part I

  • In the book, when Marji is talking about having parties at her house with her family stood out to me. Small events like dancing had a big impact on her b/c of the difficult situations in her world in Iran.
  • Marji was an interesting character to me that intrigued me b/c there were some situations that she would laugh at or find humorous that were actually quite sad. She would sometimes react to news in different ways as opposed to her family.
  • Thinking about her hearing about torture stood out to me, it must have been scarring for a young girl to hear about that kind of abuse.
Part II
  • I liked Persepolis and I thought the format was interesting. It was unique in that sense and it also helped to put faces and emotions to characters and scenarios. The way the author wrote the book I thought was well planned out and drew the reader in. When alcohol was dumped down the drain, I thought that was suspenseful b/c I know Marji would feel sad/angry/lonely if her father had been caught for alcohol possession/consumption. I was impressed by how detailed the author went into her feelings, whereas she was more general with specific facts of the war and the logistical aspect of things. Overall, I really liked Persepolis as a book and enjoyed the graphical novel type format.
Thesis Statement
  • Marji is affected by her outside world, and grows rebellious from the fundamentalist government.

No comments:

Post a Comment